Planatome® Scalpels are intended for tissue separation and other procedures requiring a sharp, smooth blade to puncture or cut.
- Planatome® scalpel blades are polished along the cutting edge using Chemical Mechanical Planarization to near atomic perfection.
- Each Planatome® blade is intended to cut tissue up to 24 inches.
- Ensure the cutting edge of a blade is protected against damage once removed from packaging.
- Do not drop the blade into a metal bowl or other container that could potentially dull or damage the blade.
- Do not use gripping tools such as forceps or needle clamps across the cutting edge of the blade.
- Do not apply excessive force or strain on the blade during use.
- Employ appropriate precautions in handling the blade to prevent injury to yourself or others before, during, or after use.
- Seek proper training and instruction on use before handling.
- This device is for single use only. Reuse of this device may result in patient cross contamination.
- If blade becomes dull or breaks, dispose and replace product.
Instructions for Use:
Attaching the Surgical Blade
- Peel open the pouch.
- Grip handle end of blade with forceps or needle clamp to remove from pouch. (Do not grip across cutting edge of the blade)
- While gripping the thickest part of blade with forceps or needle clamp, insert the handle into blade track.
- Slide blade back onto handle until it clicks into position.
Note: Planatome® Scalpel blades are compatible with #3 scalpel handles.
Removing the Surgical Blade
- Grip bottom of blade with forceps or needle clamp and pull up to loosen blade from handle.
- Push blade forward from handle to remove blade. (Do not jerk the blade off the track)
- Dispose of blade in an approved sharps container.